Thursday 21st July saw the night that Genpower received the business recognition that it has been striving for.
Nominated for ‘E-Commerce in Business’, and ‘Business Growth’ at Radio Pembrokeshire‘s Business Awards, Genpower was voted winner of the Business Growth award (sponsored by Evens & Co Accountants) by members of the public and subsequently ‘Outstanding Business of the Year’ award (sponsored by The Port of Milford Haven) chosen by a panel of judges out of each category winner.
Speaking after receiving the Outstanding Business of the Year award, Managing Director Roland Llewellin assured that “this is just the start”, promising continued growth for the company and capitalising on the e-commerce potential of the British power equipment market.
Roland highlighted Genpower’s achievements over the last 10 years, growing from a small Milford Haven based business to employing over 50 members of staff, supplying Hyundai Power Equipment through a nationwide dealer network and exporting to countries including Mozambique, Botswana and Zambia.
The full list of award winners were:
- Pembrokeshire Falconry – Leisure and Tourism (sponsored by LHP Accountants)
- Wild About Pembrokeshire – Business Making the Best use of Pembrokeshire Coast National Park (sponsored by Pembrokeshire Coast National Park)
- Castle Hot Tubs – E-Commerce in Business (sponsored by Fenton Vets)
- West Wales Academy of Dance – Arts Based Business of the Year (sponsored by University of Wales Trinity St Davids)
- HTB Repairs – Specialist / Niche Business of the Year (sponsored by JCP Solicitors)
- The Qube – Food and Drink (sponsored by Celtic Wines)
- Genpower – Business Growth (sponsored by Evens & Co Accountants)
- Bellvue Brasserie – Best New Business (sponsored by PBI)
- JE Lawrence – Agricultural Business of the Year (sponsored by Pembrokeshire Agricultural Society)
- Welsh Bakery – Independent Business (sponsored by Kilgetty Motor Factors)
- Bodysocks – Youth Enterprise Award (sponsored by The Federation of Small Businesses)
- Fast Track Driving School – Customer Service (sponsored by The Thomas Carroll Group)
- Charlotte Clark (The Nook) – Business Person of the Year (sponsored by Futureworks, Pembrokeshire County Council)
- Genpower – Outstanding Business of the Year (sponsored by The Port of Milford Haven)